“Global Christianity: A Report on the Size and Distribution of the World’s Christian Population” has just been published by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life. The report locates Christian populations around the world and compares them with other religious groups and with historical estimates of the number of Christians from a century ago.
Using data from the report, I have put together the following simple quiz so you can test your own knowledge.
I will post the answers on this blog tomorrow, or you can look up the answers yourself by reading the Pew study online .
1. Nearly 1 in 12 of the world’s Christians comes from this country.
2. Which country has the largest Christian population in the world.
3. Of the five world regions—Americas, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Middle-East/Northern Africa—which region has the most Protestants?
4. Name the 3 countries with the world’s largest Catholic populations. Put them in descending order.
5. This country has more than twice as many Protestants as Germany, home of the Protestant Reformation.
6. This country has the most Christians in Europe.