Despite continued progress in his recovery from double pneumonia, Pope Francis will continue to remain in the hospital for the time being, his doctors announced today.
Pope Francis’ condition “continues to be stable,” and “the recovery process is slow and requires time for the consolidation of the improvements [that have been] recorded in recent days,” the Vatican said at 7 p.m. on March 14.
As he enters his 13th year as pope, Francis stands tall as the moral authority in today’s world, a voice pleading for humanity, peace and respect for the dignity of all people.
Pope Francis’ clinical condition “remains stable” within “the complexity of his overall situation,” and the chest X-ray carried out yesterday “confirmed the improvements that had been registered in the previous days.”
The pope's doctors confirmed that his life is no longer in imminent danger but said he will have to remain in the hospital for some time, without specifying how long.