"Pope Francis has created a spirit of dialogue and openness where people are able to say: Maybe Jesus is here to love even me, as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgendered person."
A blog on national and international affairs
- Francis calls for dialogue in Ecuador, where he is given a triumphant welcome
- Greek referendum voters face Scylla and Charybdis choice
- Expectations Run High as Pope Francis visits Ecuador, Bolivia and Paraguay
- Archbishop Cupich hopes Pope Francis ‘will give us a greater sense of unity as a church and a nation’
- Pope Expresses ‘Closeness’ to Greeks as Crisis Worsens, Asks for Prayers for Them